Thursday, 29 July 2010

double

I was a bit preoccupied with other things this week, so I didn't spend much time on this, and I'm not sure I should put it here since it's so silly.  I folded some paper in half and cut out a picture of Golyadkin from The Double by Dostoyevsky.  He's walking along a river and thinks he is being watched.  I haven't finished the story yet.  Actually this is as far as I got (about page 50).  

I didn't wait long enough before I folded it though, so the paint wasn't dry and it stuck together and is not very good.  Then I got glue all over my fingers while I was sticking waves on it.
 

3 comments:

  1. This is very interesting! Very good idea and realization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe I'll keep playing around with Kirigami and try to do something like this more often. :)

    ReplyDelete